October 2, 2009

Name changing

Hello guys, sorry about the lack of blog posts, school is stressing. Anyways, Jagex recently released the "Name changing" update, and I'd like to talk a bit about it. The idea itself is great, being able to change your name after having a horrible name for 6 years because your younger self wasn't as bright as you are now is harsh. The thing I didn't like so much is how it was carried out. Jagex should've expected the complete flood of people trying to access the page at once, it was utter chaos. You had to keep refreshing the page for 30 minutes to get to the page where you would get a new Display name. When you finally get there, and think everything will be great from then on, you get hit in the face with a "This name is unavailable" or "An error Ocurred".
I myself tried getting a new name, and believe me, I tried everything! In the end I had to settle with "Sir Daviddd" which I plan on changing to something else after 28 days have passed. It was really chaotic yesterday and there are many names that haven't been used for years, but still aren't available. Hopefully after some days they'll change that and open up every name, *time where I jump onto the page to get "David", "D", "King David", "Lord David", or "Sir David :P*.
There has also been a small glitch with this whole name changing update, you can now add you old username if you changed your name, and you can pm/ignore yourself :P. Here's a picture:

I'm very close to gettting 96 Fishing, about 100k left. I'll probably get it tonight or tomorrow morning. I've also been on the Runescape tracker tables for Top 42 in Fishing a few times the past month :P. I got 64 Summoning after doing my weekly penguins on Tuesday. 1759 total now, 1760 very soon :). I'd also like to thank Olav Holland for being amazing and a very easy and fun person to talk to the past week or so. :D

1 comment:

David7raul said...

The post's format is going crazy, can't do much about it now.