October 8, 2009

High level skill updates.

The last few updates have been wonderful, big kudos to Jagex. They've all had to do with high level content, which is what I think Runescape needed most. The past three updates have all been great, the last one being spectacular. New Herblore potions have been released recently, this will force many players that solely trained combat to do some skilling now and then. All those pkers that had absolutely no high non-combat skills level will now have to get a higher herblore level if they want the upper hand in a fight. This also took one small step towards inflation. Many players with very costly weapons/armour(Godswords, Dragon Claws, Bandos, etc) are now selling to have money to train herblore. It's becoming a money sink that people are interested in paying for, and when they all sell their items, prices go down. Since it's a money sink, gold dissapears from the game, hence making it more valuable. If gp is more valuable, items are less valuable, and prices go down. :)

Another update was the forum avatars. I think it's a very interesting start to updating the forums. They stated in a recent Q&A there was a big plan for the forums, but it won't come out too soon. This updates lets players show a bit more about their selves and how creative they can come to get. :P

I got 98 fishing a few minutes ago and I'm now one level away from this big goal. I have about 35m worth of Rocktails in my bank that I've gotten since they came out. I've been 1st on the daily exp gains on the Runescape tracker a few times and I've been around the 10-15 ranks in the weekly and monthly gains. :)

I also got very close to 65 Summoning after doing this week's penguins, I'm deciding whether to finally stop using lamps/penguins on Summoning and give it to Runecrafting, only skill under 60, currently at 53. Funny thing is it's the only skill that I haven't trained being a member. :P

2 comments:

Ovi shwan said...

i agree i am a avid gwd person and although i dont have a need for high level pots then a pker. i still will now need to get it up. i also completely agree with your inflation statement i was thinking the same thing.

Chris Cunliffe said...

Hi, sorry about the off topic comment, but I didn't know how else to contact you.

I just wanted to let you know that Runescape 100 has recently relaunched their topsite! Its relaunch includes a brand new Runescape Blog category, in which a Runescape blog like yours would get quite a bit of exposure. I highly recommend joining before lots of others sites do, so you can get maximium exposure.

To check it out just Google "Runescape 100".