September 18, 2009

New Update

Hey everyone, sorry for not being able to post the past day. The new update has kept me very busy and I'm going to talk about it here. A few new things came out, new fish, new mines, and new monsters. A Cater came out to fix typos while writing and an objective tab, where you can set objectives in Runescape.

The new fish are Cavefish and Rocktail. The cavefish heals 23 hp + a 10% Hitpoints level boost. The Cavefish heal 20 hp and they give an extra boost in a random combat skill by adding +2. Fishing Rocktail gives 380 Fishing exp and I've done Exp rate tests to see how much Exp they can give per hour. My Average for Rocktail has been 44.4k Exp/hour. Fishing Cavefish gives 300 exp and my Exp rate tests have resulted in about 33.8k Exp/hour. Both these fish are bound to rise alot, especially Rocktail. You need 90 Fishing to fish Rock tail and 85 Fishing to fish Cavefish. I expect Rocktail to rise to about 5k on the ge and then crash down to 2.5-4k. I expect Cavefish to rise to 2-3k and crash to 1.5k.

I don't have much information on the new mining locations because I don't quite have 80 Mining just yet :P. I've heard they give right about 50k Exp/hour and are very profitable. These are supposively the new way to effectively get 99 Mining.

The monsters drop an assorment of noted Gems and Ores. They also drop a few runes and when they die you can mine them to get Living Minerals. These are used as bait when Fishing Rocktails. There have been Rumours that the level 140s drop Dragon Pickaxes but I have yet to see confirmation. There are also Level 200 Patriarchs that are randomly summoned to the cave after triggering a set amount of time in the cave or amount of monsters killed. There has been no confirmation on what triggers these but people that fought them do say they thing that they all dorp the same thing all the time.

The objective tab is nice but only having one objective at a item is quite bad in my opinion and when I'm trading various skills at a time it isn't practical. I'd also love to see objectives past 99, 20m Exp, 100m Exp, or maybe even 200m Exp for the daring ones :O. The caret is nice but it can certainly confuse alot. It blinks constantly and sometimes makes you think its something else. I suppose we're just going to have to get used to it.

I also got past 14m Woodcutting exp earlier today and I got 92 fishing last night :). I'm currently fishing Rocktail's until my bait runs out, and then if I don't buy any bait through the G.E I'll probably go back to Monkfish until the prices die down. I got 63 Summoning from penguins as well :). Yesterday a friend called me over to the Blue Moon Inn where an event was taking place. This was the first time I had ever seen a Jagex Mod in all my time playing Runescape, actually, there were 5 Player Support Jagex mods there, not just one :P. They were Mod Williams, Mod Bert, Mod Leebo, Mod Rollins, and Mod Rory. They were there to anwser everyones questions and I'm glad seeing Jagex take this type of inniative ingame.

3 comments:

ovi shwan said...

Yeah i dont really know what to think about the objectives tab either i honestly thought it was going to be a GE price checker or something like that. congrats on 14m woodcutting! i recently got 14m str xp. as you can tell i am combat focused. that really cool how jmods where at the pub did you ask them any good questions? if so what did they say?

David7raul said...

Too much spam to ask them and for them to listen, grats on 14m strength exp though :).

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, especially the exp rates. I had briefly searched for information regarding new fishing rates with no luck, so thank you for posting your knowledge.