September 15, 2009

My Runescape History: Part 1

Hey guys, I'm going to take about the how and when I first started playing Runescape, and how I evolved from what I was then to what I am now. It all started thanks to a friend that showed me runescape. I didn't pay much attention at first, but then saw the game later on at Miniclip and decided to give it a try. It was really exciting at first, I would kill chickens for my first few combat levels, and cows as well. I then moved on to what I thought was an amazing money maker, killing goblins in that house by the Lumbridge river. I would pick up all the water and earth runes they dropped and the daggers that spawned there too :P. When I trained on Cows/Chickens I would pick up bones and bury them. I got to 20 or so Attack/Defence/Strength/and Prayer and I thought I was king of the world. I remember a passerby giving me 500 gp, it was the best moment of my RS life till that point.

After a few more levels I decided to train on Al Kharid warriors, they would auto-attack and I thought them to be a better challenge than goblins or cows. After some time I was already in full Mithril, with a few Addy pieces. I remember starting a few weeks or months before the 2005 Easter event, where I got my first Holiday item, the Easter ring. I remember the way I bought my first Rune set, I mined coal for weeks at the Dwarven Mine. I would get lost so many times doing quests, I managed to finish all f2p quests though.

The way I made money after mining coal was going to the Karamja dock and picking up any fish people dropped, and then sell them to the general store. I made about 5k/hour and thought it was the fastest way of making money in the game. I would train on lessers with the lobsters I would fish and cook at the Karamja port, I got to level 50 combat on that account. Yes, I was a noob. I stopped playing this account in 2006, I don't remember exactly when though. I quit the game till 2007, and then started a new account. What dangers awaited me there.....? This will continue in tomorrow's post :P.

This morning started off excellently. 20 minutes after I logged on I was face to face with an Elder tree, I cut it with a few friends and got my 30 minutes. An hour ot two later another Evil tree sprouted on the lands of Runescape, a Magic tree. Got my 26 minutes and chopped away, I reached 13.850.000 Woodcutting exp. As I was wasting the minutes from the Evil Magic tree, a friend told me a star was about to land in Asgarnia. I had about 15 Magical banking minutes left and I hurriedly teleported to go cover Rimmington mine. I had just gotten there and BOOM! a star lands smack in the middle. I quickly tag it for 5.8k exp and continue my woodcutting on the willows near Rimmington, Perfection! Didn't do much stars yesterday, but I got very close to 74 Mining, 4,447 exp away from it. I'm close to 91 Fishing too, i'll have a screenshot ready for tonight's blog.

Something really funny that happened today, a friend told me there were 5 penguins trapped in the Yanille wall in world 145. I then told all my friends and they probably told all theirs. The place ended up quite full and I got all 5 penguins. Here's a screenshot:




I am sorry for not posting this blog yesterday. My computer broke down and I didn't feel like turning it on again and finishing the blog at 2 am. This is yesterday night's post and I'll have today's post ready for this night. Sorry for breaking the daily schedule. :)

1 comment:

ovi shwan said...

wow me and you started at about the same time. i remember first finding out about runescape from a miniclip ad lol. and my first Holiday item was a Easter ring as well. and i also made my money off coal but i never switched from it i remmber thinking i was so cool when i first got 60 mining and could go into the guild lol. i have since made a new account ovi shwan which i started a year ago.